Team Lotus Type 72D 1972 1:12
An unmistakable wedge-shaped silhouette, cockpit-side radiators and torsion bar spring suspension were just some of the notable features in its avant-garde design.
Team Lotus were never ones to rest upon their laurels, and the 1972 iteration of the car, the 72D was updated across the board - including a high-profile change of sponsor and a striking black color scheme.
Burgeoning Brazilian driving sensation Emerson Fittipaldi was right at home in the 72D, and his 5 victories from 12 races were enough to take him to a maiden drivers' championship and Lotus to yet another team championship crown.
Plastic model kit
- Length: 400mm, width: 173mm
- True to original replica of the Lotus Type 72D from 1972
- front and rear suspension is functional
- steerable front wheels
- Engine faithfully reproduced
- rubber tyres
- photo-etched parts
- one driver figure included
unbuilt / unpainted