M15 "Special" 40mm CGMC
- Scale 1:35
- new tooling loading platform and fighting compartment
- new tooling gun sights
- all doors can be built open or closed
- highly detailed engine
- accurately reproduced cahssis & suspension systems based on thorough study of actual vehicle
- detailed interior of driver's compartment
- including metal barrel
- gun carriage can be built in firing / transit position
- trailer winch with chain
- 3 kinds of decals for U.S. 209th AAA battalion
- unbuilt / unpainted
- paint and glue not included
The M15 "Special" was the unofficial designation for an M15 converted to carry a 40mm gun.
These were officially designated as the M34.
In order to increase firepower in ground combat during the Korean War, U.S. Army depots in Japan were searched for vehicles that could be converted for possible combat use, as there was a shortage of 37mm ammunition, some M15s were converted into M34s.